Thursday, December 6, 2012

December 6th 2012

Only 15 days till the 21st. What will the 21st bring? Some say the End of the World, others an Awakening, or an enlightenment for mankind.  Or even transcending into another dimension? I don't think we will see much of a difference frankly. We will go on with our lives headlong into oblivion ultimately. Along the way, we might have some profound impact on the lives of others, or even our own lives might be changed by some unexpected event. But I don't think very much will change. We will be getting ready for Christmas, hoping that we got enough gifts, washing and laundering our holiday clothing, primping that last minute appearance, and there will be many wishing they could just as well avoid it all together. I know I'm one. I have not enjoyed Christmas as much since my Children have been grown, and since they have no children, it just  doesn't jazz me all that much. Perhaps it's been too many poor Christmas's or my own inability to jump into the 'spirit', but  It seems all the better to me once it's passed, and life is back to normal. After Christmas and New Year, it seems the New Year really brings the chill of Winter, the gloom, that slowly day by day, subsides into spring. But  I guess we all must endure a couple long months of Gloom. No one escapes that. Perhaps this new year will bring something exciting, something to liven the commonplace, something of excitement. Otherwise, it's all just a matter of waiting for Godot as it were, an exercise in waiting, and the futility of it all. I know pessimism has crept into my life, but the body ages, the mind rebels, and one becomes at odds with ones self. Perhaps Moses had something to keep him constantly occupied for those 120 years, but I'll bet after 60 or 70 he was becoming just a bit jaded.  But I'll admit one thing, I'v been pretty happy with my life. I really wouldn't want to change a thing. I have two Great Children, now grown, that bring me pride. And family such as it is, that I care about a great deal. Though many members fail to stay in touch. But, thats how it is, you have a life, and you work through it, and often times there's not much surplus time to spend with others. So................................... when the 21st arrives, I think I'll greet it with a grin, knowing full well we  weren't going to get off that easy, and the rest of our lives is calling us.

No comments:

Post a Comment